Friday, May 18, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
- The security gates at the Dana Poter Library became operational as of 4:00 pm yesterday. Additional photos of the gate installation are now available.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
- The security gates for the Dana Porter Library are being installed today.
- Today marked Elsie Freiheit's final shift as a Library attendant for the Dana Porter Library. For almost a decade, Elsie was the friendly and familiar face greeting visitors and checking book bags as visitors left the building. Circulation Services staff presented Elsie with a bouquet of flowers and a card wishing her well for when she starts her new position at the Davis Centre Library tomorrow.
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
- The attendant's desk in the Dana Porter Library was dismantled. Until the security gates are installed and activated, the attendant will sit at table by the Library's entrance/exit. [photos | video]
- Preliminary construction for the security gates is also taking place this week. The security gates will be installed at a later date this month.
Friday, March 23, 2007
- A courtesy email was sent to patrons with books currently on term loan from the Dana Porter Library. The email provided these patrons with tips for reducing their chances of accidentally triggering the security alarm once the security gates are installed and activated next month at the Porter Library.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Staff have finished applying RFID tags to the collection at the Dana Porter Library. Circulation Services Collections Manager, Ann Naese, applied the final RFID tag. Over 965,000 books received tags at the Dana Porter Library, and approximately 1,410,000 books will have received tags overall.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
- Staff at the Dana Porter Library have finished tagging items on the third floor and and are now working on the tenth floor. 1,300,000 items have received RFID tags to date. Over 910,000 items in Porter now have tags.
Friday, February 23, 3007
- The security system at the Davis Centre Library now has its voice activation component and are now waiting for the installation of security cameras.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
- Over 770,000 books at the Dana Porter Library have RFID tags. The total number of items tagged to date is now
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
- 1,000,000 books now have RFID tags!
Friday, November 3, 2006
- The security gates at the Davis Library are now live. The video and voice systems accompanying the security gates will be installed after some technical issues are resolved.
Monday, October 30, 2006
- Construction for the installation of the security gates at the Davis Centre Library began today and is expected to be completed by Thursday or Friday. Photos of the installation process will be posted as they become available.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
- The Library has tagged just over 800,000 items in total, putting us over the halfway mark. Approximately half (437,000) of the 800,000 items tagged belong to the Dana Porter Library. Staff are currently tagging items on the 8th floor and are almost at the halfway point with tagging Porter's collection.
- The Library received its first batch of RFID tags with barcode information to be used on new books being catalogued.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
- An informative email was sent today to patrons with books currently on term loan from the Davis Centre Library. The email provided these patrons with tips for reducing their chances of accidentally triggering the alarm once the security gates are installed and activated next month at the Davis Library.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
- 3M SelfCheck units are now installed at the Dana Porter Library.
Thursday, September 5, 2006
- 3M staff workstations are now installed at the Dana Porter Library.
Friday, August 18, 2006
- Over 700,000 library items have received RFID tags. Teams are now tagging items on Porter's second (reference) and seventh floors.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
- The tagging process for the Porter Library's 6th floor is complete. We are now tagging Government Publications on the 5th floor.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
- Today we reached the 500,000 tagged items mark.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Monday, May 8, 2006
- The Davis collections have been tagged. The tagging crew have moved to the Porter Library to begin tagging the collections there.
Thursday, May 4, 2006
- 3M will make an official announcement at 10 am on Wednesday, May 24 in room 1301 in the Davis Centre.
Friday, April 28, 2006
- The Library has received 532,000 RFID tags for the implementation of the Inventory and Security System in the Porter Library.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
- Over 300,000 items have received RFID tags at the Davis Library.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
- The Davis Library has now tagged 200,000 items!
Friday, March 3, 2006
- Over 100,000 items in the Davis Library now have RFID tags!
Friday, February 24, 2006
- Casual staff are scheduled to work 264 hours per week on the RFID project.
- Over 61,000 books at the Davis Library are now tagged.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
- Over 50,000 books at the Davis Library have been tagged to date.
- A group has been formed to oversee the planning and installation of the electronic gates at Davis.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
- The SelfCheck station at the Davis Library is now operational.
Thursday, February 9, 2006
- Two 8210 SelfCheck stations arrived at the Davis Library.
Thursday, February 2, 2006
- Five 895 Workstations, two 811 Conversion Stations, and two 803 DLAs are expected to arrive tomorrow.
- Two 8210 SelfCheck stations are expected to arrive next week.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
- Library staff have initiated the RFID tagging process with the books at the Davis Library.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
- A shipment of 270,000 RFID tags will be received by the end of March 2006.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
- 3M representatives are at the Library to train select staff for RFID tag conversion.
- 3M RFID tag dispensers have arrived.
- 2 Model 895 Staff Workstations have arrived.
Monday, January 23, 2006
- One of the two 3M Conversion Stations (Model 811) was received at the Davis Library.
Thursday, January 19, 2006
- The Library has received 30,000 RFID tags from 3M.
Inventory and Security Implementation Group
May 18, 2007